Re: [css3-syntax] value of PERCENTAGE tokens (Re: Critique of Feb 15 draft

From: Peter Moulder <peter.moulder@monash.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 07:36:58 +1100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 05:11:44PM +0100, Simon Sapin wrote:

> These are all valid concerns for implementations, but rounding due
> to precision limits has typically been left undefined in CSS specs.
> I don’t think that Syntax or Values need to say anything about this.

I agree that there are many potential differences in rounding behaviour among
implementations, and that it wouldn't make sense to actually require a
particular before-or-after choice.  However, recall that I'm replying in a
context where there's a fairly arbitrary choice and where different people have
said different things feel most natural; I think that matching either current
implementation behaviours (biased slightly towards whatever we consider good
implementation behaviour) might settle the question.

pjrm.