Re: [css4-images] Add format() hints to image()

This is indeed a very good suggestion. Using the same syntax font-face uses has many advantages over the current and the format fragment solution.
I would love to see this in specification as the current design breaks for examples like jake showed in his message. I would love to be able using image() this way.

-Anselm Hannemann