RE: [css-syntax] value grammar, <value> type and browser implementations

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:27:38 +0100
To: "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: "'L. David Baron'" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, "'Simon Sapin'" <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>, "'www-style list'" <www-style@w3.org>
± This is correct - the actual grammar we use to parse CSS is a bastardized
± version of Appendix G.  David's written a bunch of tests which we fail and will
± continue to do so until we fix our parser.

Seems like I made a good guess ^_^ I suppose the plan is to get rid of those issues before releasing Custom Properties, right? Hope this can be solved in all browsers rather quickly. Do FireFox/Opera also have some non-standard CSS parsers?

± Serialization is undefined. :/

It would be good to get this defined before CSS Custom Properties goes on (if not in a spec at least discussed among implementers just to avoid a situation where serialization is completely different in all browsers, that would be a mess).

± Yes, we don't keep around the original text, for good reason. But JSCSSP's
± serializer seems slightly wrong.  Unfortunately, it's in a way that doesn't
± matter for anything that isn't a custom property. ^_^

What do you think JSCSSP is doing slightly wrong exactly?