[css3-sizing] 'fill-available' in column sizing keywords

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 12:08:33 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
The definition of 'fill-available' in
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-sizing/#column-sizing doesn't seem very
useful to me, since it ignores the column count.  I don't see why
you'd want a value to say that the width of a single column should
fit into the space for all the columns.  (Likewise for
'fit-content', which depends on it.)

I think the meaning of 'fill-available' should depend on the
fill-available measure of the multicolumn element, the computed
'column-count', the margin, borders, and padding of the multicolumn
element, and the width of column rules.

-David