Re: [css3-multicol] unknown available width and shrink-to-fit

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:40:07 +0100
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@kozea.fr>
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, fantasai@inkedblade.net, Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com, www-style@w3.org
Simon Sapin wrote:

 > I see "css3-multicol: how can we speed up the REC?" as a proposed topic
 > for the F2F agenda. But this issue (which was discussed at TPAC in
 > October) has not moved this my message quoted below.

I'd like to move multicol to REC as well. It's a mature spec that has
several mature implementation.

>From my persepctive as editor, this is the TODO list:

 1) copy Bert's proposed clarification from this message:

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Nov/0524.html

 2) review Anton's comments

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Jan/0466.html

    and edit accordingly

 3) encourage people to review the tests that have been submitted for review:

      http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/spec/CSS3-MULTICOL/owner/oyvind/status/submitted/status/updated/status/issue/status/spec/status/rejected/load/t98/#t16

I belive Opera and IE's implementations together fullfill
implementation requirements. There are others, too.

There's still Simon's issue which I struggle to understand. It would
be great if a whiteboard discussion between Bert and Anton in Tuscon
will resolve the matter with minimal impact on the specification.

I'm available to call in when multicol is on the agenda.

Cheers,

-h&kon