Re: Extending Class Proposal

Hello,

As the co-creator of Sass @extend feature, I fully endorse bringing it to
CSS and have been calling for this when I speak at conferences and blog.
I'm glad that Philip agrees. Our preprocessor implementation of the feature
is great, but the fundamental limitations are many as Philip has pointed
out. Another limitation that was missed is that in Sass, the @extend
directive is scoped to a single css file, but in the browser, the extend
could transcend files which makes it much easier to be more efficient with
the serving of stylesheets.

If anyone has questions about our implementation or the "theory" behind it,
please don't hesitate to ask me.

Chris Eppstein