Re: AnimationEvents for pseudo-elements

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:21:47 -0500
To: Alexis Menard <alexis@webkit.org>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 2/1/13 1:13 PM, Alexis Menard wrote:
> If the listener is on the document yes it will be called

It'll be called if the listener is on the _element_.

> but that means that you've added a declaration to animate the pseudo element
> which as far as I can tell has been supported in WebKit for few weeks
> (and doesn't work for FF and Opera).

Animation and transition of pseudo-elements has been supported in
Firefox since animations and transitions initially landed in Gecko.  I'm
not sure why you think it doesn't work in Firefox.

> If the listener is attached on the element itself (the element where
> the pseudo element is declared) then yes it will be called but that
> means again you've added an animation on the pseudo element.

Yes, so?  People are in fact doing those already, last I checked,
because as I said they've been working in Gecko for years.

-Boris