Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:02 AM, François REMY
> <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:
> >> From: mike.sherov@gmail.com
> >> I like that approach too. Either works. Why didn't it move forward,
> >> and what would prevent it moving forward now?
> >
> > As far as I know, nothing technical. It just didn't make the cut in the
> UA's priorities. Who knows, now that Tab Atkins is full steam on CSS
> Polyfilling, I guess there's some possibility to change that ;-)
>
> Also, the relevant spec where it would have appeared (CSSOM) lost its
> editors for quite a while.

we're not lost, just incredibly busy... as for whether it could appear in
CSSOM at the first go, i rather have my doubts unless there is significant
and widespread interoperable implementation; on the other hand, i realize
there is a chicken and egg problem here... i'd suggest you (mike) obtain a
commitment to implement in a number of UAs, get agreement on the details
from that group, then make a formal proposal here