Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> There are a lot of properties with values that don't become px until
>> used-value time, for example.  This covers most properties with
>> percentages, a number of properties with 'auto', and a smattering of
>> other types of values.
>>

> Ah, I see.  Hmmm....
>
> That of course raises the fun questions of what used values should return
> on nodes that have no boxes, or are not even in the document tree...

Exactly. "Fun". Used value, from my naive understanding (and someone please
correct me) is currently flimsily defined as "The used value is the result
of taking the computed value and resolving any remaining dependencies into
an absolute value." [1]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/cascade.html#used-value

--
Mike Sherov