Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 1/31/13 9:24 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On 1/31/13 9:22 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> If we ever want to do stuff like the CSSOM Values API that allow for
>>> translating between units, we'll need this kind of thing anyway.
>>
>> What kind of thing, exactly?
>
> Oh, used values?
>
> Why does translating between units need those, except for a very small set
> of properties?

There are a lot of properties with values that don't become px until
used-value time, for example.  This covers most properties with
percentages, a number of properties with 'auto', and a smattering of
other types of values.