Re: [cssom] Proposal for obtaining robust style information via Javascript - getStyle()

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 18:14:44 -0800
To: Mike Sherov <mike.sherov@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 6:02 PM, Mike Sherov <mike.sherov@gmail.com> wrote:
> Boris,
>
> I believe the proposal is a bit broader, but I'll take any interest :-) I
> believe is what we're talking about, so you can get "used", "computed",
> "specified", "resolved", "actual", "initial", "default" or any other value
> type for a CSS property or an element

The difference between "actual" and "used" may not be easily
accessible, I think.  I believe engines might fold those calculations
together; I could be wrong, though.

I like the idea of being able to explicitly request the inherited,
initial, or default value (presumably, "default" would act as if it
was specified at the author origin).