[css-break] border-radius across fragmentation

From: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:45:55 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

For sliced box-decoration the spec says: “[…] at a break […] ‘border-radius’ does not apply to its corners”[1]

I interpret the rest of the text that the behavior of ‘border-radius’ should be unchanged. Is that correct? My question is about ‘border-radius’ on one of the original corners that overlaps a break. See example in the fiddle:

The border-radius in the example is 80px and therefore in the middle of a break. The behavior of Safari/Chrome, Firefox and IE differ between each other.

1) Safari/Chrome do as I interpret the spec. The border-radius continues on the next fragment.
2) Firefox changes the border-radius (individually for top and bottom border) so that it fits in the current fragment and does not continue on the next fragment.
3) IE behaves like box-decoration-break: clone was specified. The corners on the break have a border-radius.

The spec is clear that behavior 3) is not wanted. I think the spec implies that 1) is the correct behavior. Would it be possible to get normative text or an example in the spec that clarifies the correct behavior?

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#break-decoration