Re: [css3-background] A property to control background opacity

On Dec 27, 2013, at 7:54 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:

> On 27/12/2013 1:47 PM, Alan Gresley wrote:
>
>> In §3.1. 'Layering Multiple Background Images' is the following:
>>
>>   | Each of the images is sized, positioned, and tiled
>>   | according to the corresponding value in the other
>>   | background properties. The lists are matched up from
>>   | the first value: excess values at the end are not used.
>>
>> Considering that 'background-image: filter()' came into the discussion,
>> we begun talking about a 'background tile' that is not exposed to these
>> 'other background properties'. The image itself in the url() buried
>> within the filter function is not effected (sized, positioned, and
>> tiled) by the 'other background properties'. Only the 'background tile'
>> itself is effected by the 'other background properties'.
>
> I believe I am completely wrong about this. The background tile has the same bounds.

I tried to say that before. There is no difference between the filter() image function or any other CSS Image. All are sized, tiled, repeated and positioned according to the responsible background properties. (For background of course, CSS Images can be used for other properties as well.)

Greetings,
Dirk