Re: [css-containment] ED of Containment ready for review (was overflow:clip)

On Tue Dec 10 2013 at 5:33:25 PM, Charles Walton <charleswalton@google.com>
wrote:

> If criteria 2 + 3 (the scroll-related ones) are removed, I don't see a big
> benefit in expanding the syntax beyond the current "none | strict" values.
> Being said, I'm not sure I fully understand the impact of those new
> generated content properties.

The point of the expanded syntax I proposed is precisely to allow the
scroll-related ones to still be available, if you need them.

> Also, are there any problems with SVG-esque stuff, like imported clip
> paths? Say "#shape" was defined within a "contain: strict" element - could
> it be referenced outside that element?

That is a good question.  Probably no, I would think.  Levi, Ojan, thoughts?