Re: [css-background] Animating border-position

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:21 PM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>> On 12/17/2013 03:32 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>>> However, as established by FF, we can at least convert values on
>>> opposite sides of the same axis into each other, if we establish that
>>> <percentage> can be preserved as a top-level type in a calc() in some
>>> cases, which we should do.  (I'm fiddling with V&U right now to allow
>>> it.  It's tricky to spec.)
>>
>> I'm confused as to why you think V&U needs changes.
>
> Because right now calc() specifies that a <percentage> resolves into a
> <length> (or whatever), but for <position> to work right, we need to
> preserve its percentage-ness.

Never mind, turns out we'd already added a paragraph that specifies
this.  I just added a clarifying example to make sure it stands out,
using background-position directly.

We just need to adjust how <position> is transitioned, and can
probably go do that in the Transitions spec.