RE: [css-break] breaking inside padding

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:41:34 +0100
To: "'Alan Stearns'" <stearns@adobe.com>, "'fantasai'" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: <www-style@w3.org>, "'Dave Cramer'" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com>
± >It seems clear to me that, when printing, the desire is to avoid
± >printing off-page which is why browsers fragment according to this
± >pixel-line break.
± >
± >Thoughts?
±
± I agree that it would be good to have a switch for this behavior, and have
± been arguing for something like this to use in scrollable views that can handle
± overflow better than printed pages. But I’m happy just defining the print-
± based behavior for this level of the fragmentation module and deciding
± whether to add a switch like this later.

That looks ok to me too. What fantasai proposed is to standardize the non-print behavior, though (aka the one where you spit at the first line break, not at a pixel line).