Re: [css-color][filter-effects] (was: Re: [filter-effects] Tainted filter primitives)

On Dec 13, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:

>>> That's silly.  There's no reason to break currentcolor just because
>>> :visited is being used.
>>
>> Ok, but you don’t think it is “silly” if we break currentColor sometimes?
>
> I don't understand.
>
>> Beside that, you broke currentColor less than a year ago when you (actually the CSS WG) changed the behavior of it. I don’t think that WebKit or Blink have ever updated the behavior since then. Therefore, it is already broken.
>
> Whoa, way to be hostilely accusative, dude.  Maybe try backing off?

You don’t need to feel attacked. I was barely saying that the behavior of currentColor changed anyway and probably isn’t compatible to implementations anymore. I don’t think calling currentColor to be “broken” is particularly wrong here. And at least I didn’t say it was a “silly" idea to change the behavior. So please lets get back to solid grounds where this discussion is supposed to be.

Lets come back to the topic. You said you don’t want to change the behavior of currentColor to avoid breaking things. On the other hand you are fine to change the behavior of currentColor for feFlood, feLighting and other situations where necessary. I would like to avoid the inconsistency here since that is confusing.

Greetings,
Dirk