Re: [css-compositing] Request to move Compositing and Blending spec to CR

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> The paragraph in question describes a compositing model that is not used
>> by canvas or HTML or CSS or SVG any other web technology and that there are
>> no plans to use in any web technology.  in way way do you think that it
>> *is* helpful to have in a web standard?
>>

> There are plans. CSS compositing was going to use clip-to-self which is
> why it was deferred to level 2; it required too many changes which would
> slow down progress.

I think that would be a bad idea, for the reasons in my first reply.

> Even if that was not the case, it's good to call out that there are
> different compositing modes and that canvas is using a particular one.

Do it on a blog or in a book or something other than in a web standard
spec, in that case.  We don't put all text that is potentially useful in
specs especially when it's describing behavior that is specifically *never*
used on the web.

- James