Re: [css-regions][css3-break] Handling content overflow out of its region range

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:58:26 -0800
To: Andrei Bucur <abucur@adobe.com>
CC: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, Radu STAVILA <stavila@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 10/09/2013 11:39 PM, Andrei Bucur wrote:
> Another situation may appear when having a forced break inside the
> overflow of an element and another after the element. What break
> is applied first?

In this case, we think the overflowing content is effectively
a flow parallel to the non-overflowing content. So both breaks
will take effect, but only affect the content in their own flow.

We've clarified this point as follows:

   # Content overflowing the content edge of a fixed-size box is
   # considered parallel to the content after the fixed-size box.
   # Such content fragments within the context of the box's
   # fragmented flow following normal fragmentation rules,
   # increasing the length of the fragmented flow as necessary.

See
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#parallel-flows

Let us know if this makes sense.

~fantasai and Rossen