Re: [css3-break] Empty fragmentainers

On 12/04/2013 05:41 AM, Mihai Balan wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have a question related to how "far" should content be pushed
> during fragmentation. Currently the Fragmentation spec states that:
>   When multiple forced break values apply to a single break
>   point, they combine such that all types of break are honored
>   and no content-empty page boxes are generated, except for at
>   most one content-empty page as may be required by the forced
>   break values to position ensuing content on a specific type of page.
>
> Does a similar recommendation holds for non-page fragmentation
> containers?

No, because there isn't an issue wrt generating content-empty
fragmentainers due to left/right/etc.

> Whatever the answers to these questions are, I think they should
> be clearly stated in the spec as to minimize confusion.

We've removed a bunch of the text (from "and no content-empty"
to the end of the sentence), since it's actually redundant with
the next sentence. Take a look and let us know if this seems to
be clear enough now.
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/#forced-breaks

~fantasai