Re: [css-containment] ED of Containment ready for review (was overflow:clip)

On 5/12/2013 12:09 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> If we drop that, then I want to rework the value space a bit to
> explicitly call out what is being restricted, so that we can expand it
> in the future to allow authors to disallow scrolling as well.
>
> I think we can split the existing list into three values, "paint",
> "style", and "scroll":
>
> * "paint" would be #1, #4, and #5
> * "style" would be #6 and #7
> * "scroll" would be #2 and #3
>
> Thoughts?
>
> ~TJ

Should #4 read as follows:

   | The element must "establish" a containing block for
   | absolutely positioned and fixed positioned descendants.

Should #5 read as follows:

   | The element must "establish" a new block formatting contexts.

(For a while there, I was pondering what doesn't produce a formatting
context while wondering why a BFC was not mentioned .. :-) then it clicked)

Does 'contain: strict' alter the position of boxes with auto offsets?

Alan

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/