Re: [selectors] :sorted pseudoclass for sorted tables

From: Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 17:03:03 -0800
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

On Dec 2, 2013, at 1:21 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM, Daniel Glazman
> <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>> On 01/12/13 06:33, Peter Linss wrote:
>>> The number isnít for numeric vs alphabetic sorting, itís the ordinality of the sort key, as in, sort by this column first, then this second. When multiple sort keys are being used, itíll likely be useful to style them so that the ordinality is visible.
>>
>> That integer could be extended to ranges:
>>   1
>>   -3
>>   4-8
>>   9-
>
> That's just an an+b term.  (And we can mix an+b with other grammars now, yay!)

Actually, no. I don't think what Daniel is describing is an+b term, but a actual range of indices (as in up to and including the 3rd item, or the 4th through 8th items, or the 9th item and above). If we add a range (which could be quite useful) then we should add it everywhere an+b is allowed (which might be an extension of an+b).