Re: Proposal: will-animate property

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:57:48 +1300
To: Nat Duca <nduca@chromium.org>
Cc: Ali Juma <ajuma@chromium.org>, www-style <www-style@w3.org>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Benoit Girard <bgirard@mozilla.com>, Matt Woodrow <matt@mozilla.com>, Cameron McCormack <cmccormack@mozilla.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
I understand what you've said, but it seems a little abstract to me.

Can we just defer the introduction of "will-animate:positioning" until we
have a more concrete use-case for it, and a stronger argument that
alternatives such as automatic inference for that use-case are not tenable?
We can easily add it later if we need it.

Similar for the inheritance issue. Right now I think if you wanted to do
something special to optimize animation of font-size, you could just apply
the optimization to the entire render subtree rooted at the element with
will-animate:font-size and you'd be fine.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w