Re: Proposal: will-animate property

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Benoit Girard <bgirard@mozilla.com>wrote:
>

>>  The problem with that approach is that when some browser adds
>>> new-property and extends will-animate syntax to support new-property, and
>>> an author writes "will-animate: transform, new-property", other browsers
>>> get no will-animate at all.
>>>

>> Can we simply require all identifiers (except all, inherit, initial,
>> unset) to be parsed?
>>

> Yes, we proposed that. I'm talking about the problem with Ali's approach.

Could we just require the entire list to be parsed, and require
implementations to ignore any string outside of the specified set? Then
when a new-property is added to the spec, older browsers and browsers that
don't care about new-property can treat "will-animate: new-property,
transform" as just "will-animate: transform".