Re: [css-containment] ED of Containment ready for review (was overflow:clip)

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup - if it's possible to scroll, then we have to (a) pay attention to
> the elements "below the fold", even if they'd otherwise be ignorable,
> and (b) paint at least some of the off-screen stuff, so that it'll be
> smooth if you start scrolling.

That's only true for elements that are themselves visible, or nearly
visible. I think we could drop this requirement.

I agree with Simon that the text is ambiguous. Instead of "An element that
is strictly contained operates under the following restrictions:", I would
say

> An element that is strictly contained has the following restrictions
> applied to it by the user-agent:
> 1. The contents of the element are clipped to the element’s content box.

etc

In part 1 you should be more clear about "contents". Presumably the
contents of an element don't include its border, for example, but this is
unclear.

I believe restrictions 2 and 3 should be dropped.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w