Re: Proposal: will-animate property

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> I think we'll be telling authors to [...] ensure those elements are not
> much bigger than the viewport*.*

I don't think we should be telling authors to worry about size. Isn't this
something the UA can just trivially calculate and decide what is
appropriate of the device? What's big for one device may tiny for another.
Then there's content scale to take into account. The UA has the best
understanding of the resources and limitations of the current device. Also
this might cause some authors to calculate the clientWidth/clientHeight
when setting will-animate on an element that they don't know the size for
which will cause a sync reflow for something we could easily decide when
checking the will-animate property.