Re: [cssom] Drop support for alternative stylesheets?

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:31:03 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thursday 2013-08-29 17:35 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Another probably-more-important consideration was listed by Simon in
> the first message - the alternate style sheet selection doesn't
> persist across navigations.  If you want to change to an alternate
> style sheet for an entire site, you have to repeatedly reselect the
> alternative every time you move pages.  Hand-rolled ones typically
> persist the style choice in a cookie or similar and keep it active the
> entire time you're on the site, and often across visits.

I don't think that's inherent in the design, and I believe Firefox
does or could do otherwise, just as we persist zoom across
navigations within the same site and remember it for later visits.
(I remember discussing this; I don't remember if we actually did
it.)

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,