Re: [css-om] CSSStyleDeclaration.parentElement

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:51:56 +0200, François REMY
<francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

> The only question that remains is what do you do for Pseudo-Elements. I
> quite remember there were discussions for exposing pseudo-elements has
> something really simple having a few "style" properties but it seems
> marked as At-Risk in the current spec
> (http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#the-pseudoelement-interface).

All new things get marked at risk until there are implementations.

> By the way, if I can make some suggestion, we should probably expose
> both "parentNode"/"parentElement" properties on a pseudo-element, as
> well as a "tagName"/"nodeName" whose value would be "::before" or
> "::after". Otherwise, you've no idea which pseudo-element you work with
> if you get a reference to one.

Good point. Are the use cases for this are similar to those of ownerNode
(or parentElement) on CSSStyleDeclaration?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software