Re: EPUB using CSS vendor prefixing incorrectly?

FYI, the EPUB WG acknowledged that the current wording in the spec is not
easy to understand and sometimes leads to misunderstanding. The WG agreed
to prepare an informational document that describes all syntaxes EPUB 3
compliant UA needs to support. The work has not started yet though.

/koji

On 8/22/13 7:51 AM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

On 08/21/2013 02:32 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:

> FWIW, Blink exposes 9 -epub properties that are all aliased to other
> properties. I'll try adding some measurements to see if
> we can remove all these epub prefixes from Blink.
>
> -epub-text-orientation alias_for=-webkit-text-orientation
> -epub-writing-mode alias_for=-webkit-writing-mode
> -epub-text-combine alias_for=-webkit-text-combine
> -epub-word-break alias_for=word-break
> -epub-caption-side alias_for=caption-side
> -epub-text-transform alias_for=text-transform

These last two seem like an odd choice. I could understand prefixing
some of the new values, but not the property...

> -epub-text-emphasis alias_for=-webkit-text-emphasis
> -epub-text-emphasis-color alias_for=-webkit-text-emphasis-color
> -epub-text-emphasis-style alias_for=-webkit-text-emphasis-style

These are in CR now, and can be unprefixed entirely.

EPUB 3.0 does require recognizing the prefixed variants, however.

~fantasai