Re: CSSStyleDeclaration: Setting only a value or a priority

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 01:53:00 +0200, L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
wrote:

> On Thursday 2013-08-22 10:14 +0200, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#dom-cssstyledeclaration-setproperty
>> also specifies what effect on the order it has.
>
> Oh, indeed.  Do you think the behavior specified there makes sense
> for shorthands?

Yes, although not all shorthands define what their canonical order is yet.
We could do something else like alphabetical order, but browsers don't do
that.

> And does it match any existing implementations?

Yes, kind of, although there isn't interop on the order. See
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Aug/0178.html

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software