Re: [css3-fonts] font-size-adjust auto test

GĂ©rard Talbot wrote:

> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Fonts/font-size-adjust-auto-001.html
>
> Would such be an adequate test for testing 'font-size-adjust: auto' ?

No, not really.  You really need to have a test that uses two
downloadable fonts with a known difference in x-height.  Using
'font-size-adjust: auto' should result in two glyphs with matching
x-height.  Tweaked versions of Ahem should do the trick.  And using
them as downloadable fonts would obviate the need to install fonts.

> Nota bene: on Firefox 23, 'font-size-adjust: auto' generates a parsing
> error (auto is not recognized), and so declaration ignored. I will try to
> create a Windows-friendly version of that test and will try it with
> Firefox 26a1 nightly.

Firefox doesn't yet support the 'auto' value.

For future reference, an easy way to determine whether a property
value is supported or not, refer to this file:

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/style/test/property_database.js

This file contains all properties supported by Firefox and is used in
automated testing.

Cheers,

John Daggett