Re: [css-images] color-stop position interpolation

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:14:09 -0700
To: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
> Le 19/08/2013 07:15, Dirk Schulze a écrit :
>> The animation on the <angle> component for linear gradients is not
>> problematic because the keywords are fixed to certain angles.
>
> Keywords for corners such as "to top left" are not.

Correct.  However, Shane Stephens (Google) proposed some time ago a
slightly different interpolation behavior for linear gradients than
what we currently have, where you interpolate the angle+length of the
gradient line itself, adjusting stops as appropriate to do so.  This
not only handles interpolation between keywords and angles, it also
produces smooth transitions regardless of what you specify (just
transitioning angle can make the gradient seem to grow and shrink
during a single rotation).