Re: [css-syntax] Duplicate declarations in style rules

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:32:40 +0200
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Cc: "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:29:43 +0200, Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
wrote:

> Le 13/08/2013 01:46, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
>> I've removed that paragraph now.  Cascade doesn't care about
>> duplicates, and CSSOM now defines duplicate-handling properly.
>>
>> However, either Cascade or Syntax needs to care about shorthand
>> expansion.  Where's best?
>
> Doesn’t Cascade already define shorthands and their expansion? CSSOM
> should be able to refer to that.

It says

[[
Some properties are shorthand properties, meaning that they allow authors
to specify the values of several properties with a single property. A
shorthand property sets all of its longhand sub-properties, exactly as if
expanded in place.
]]

CSSOM also needs a defined order of the expanded properties.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software