Re: [css3-ui] Support cropping in the middle of texts using 'text-overflow'

On Mon, 2013-08-12 at 17:33 -0700, Brad Kemper wrote:

> I just can't imagine that there is much need for truncating the start
> edge (ie left edge in Latin scripts), except when the element is too
> narrow to show even a single character on the left. When would you
> ever want "...ilename.pdf" instead of "filen...e.pdf" or

I've wanted left truncation for keyword in context indexes -

  1:n by an intemperate eating of melons, in the 70th year of his age, and (as i
  2:quick growth of mouldiness in melons. He became a fellow of the royal societ
  3:ontained little nutriment, as melons, cucumbers, and vegetables in general.
  4:ge-Trees, with the raising of Melons, omitted in the French editions; made E
  5:with bread, herbs, pulse, and melons, and depriving themselves of all the co
  6:te some directions concerning melons, for the cultivation of which Quintinie

You can get close in some browsers, but others fail, or did last time I
tried.

Liam