RE: [cssom-values] Possibility of patching existing CSS strings into Values objects?

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 18:17:03 -0700
To: "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "'www-style list'" <www-style@w3.org>
± You'd do "rectElement.values.x.px = 5", etc.  This might work well, and it has
± the benefit of being consistent between the two APIs.  We could even push
± this into plain HTML eventually as well.

The downside being that if doesn't propagate directly to other constructions like "getComputedStyle()", "getSpecifiedStyle()/currentStyle" or even "getOverrideStyle()/runtimeStyle".

If I can bikeshed this even more, I would introduce the "om" property (for object model) on the CSSStyleDeclaration interface (for CSS properties) and on SVGElement (for SVG attributes).

	rectElement.om.x.px = 5

	if(getComputedStyle(rectElement).om.fontSize.pct != 1.0) {
		// font-size has changed since parent element
	}

Thoughts?