Re: [css3-multicol] Test with excessively wide column-gaps

Le Mer 7 août 2013 19:54, Dirk Pranke a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM, "Gérard Talbot"
> <www-style@gtalbot.org>wrote:
>

>> Le Mer 7 aoūt 2013 18:33, Dirk Pranke a écrit :

>> say.

>> writing
>> not
>> an
>> not
>> (inline-)blocks
>> use
>> anyway.

>> initial

>> > As another data point, in Blink (Chromium), we see a large number of
>> test
>> > failures on Mac OS 10.8 when rendering tests containing the Ahem font
>> with
>> > text antialiasing enabled; when I turned off antialiasing, the
>> failures
>> > went away.
>> >
>> > It's possible this is some weirdness in the font definitions for Ahem
>> that
>> > could be corrected.
>>
>> Hmm... I usually create reference files with images (swatch-*.png in
>> /support/ folder) as associated reftest for tests using Ahem font.
>>
>> Could it be that anti-aliasing is affecting Ahem glyphs (or fonts only)
>> in
>> a way that is (or would be) different for adjacent .png images?
>>

> It's possible.
>
> I should clarify that we turn off anti-aliasing only when running tests in
> our test harness, in case that wasn't clear. It is on in the shipping
> browsers.
>
> -- Dirk

Dirk,

-webkit-font-smoothing: auto
is supposed to be "smoothing" text according to system defaults.

So, with -webkit-font-smoothing: auto, anti-aliasing could be ON or OFF. No?

Gérard
--
CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011

Contributions to CSS 2.1 test suite