Re: [css-regions] Reworking getNamedFlows()

On 8/1/13 9:59 PM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>> The html file below displays these results:
>>
>> inline: 0 flow(s)
>> inline at the end: 2 flow(s)
>> flow1
>> flow2
>>
>> DOMContentLoaded: 2 flow(s)
>> flow1
>> flow2
>> load: 2 flow(s)
>> flow1
>> flow2
>>
>> Which means you get access to all named flows on the DOMContentLoaded
>> event, you don't need to wait for the unload event.
>> More than that, you don't even need the DOMContentLoaded, you can have
>> your script added at the end of the <body>.
>
>Again, exactly what I preditcted: it WILL work on dev machines because
>the file download (almost) instantly.
>
>Now, host that on a real server and try this with on 2G/3G with no cache
>enabled (ie: first load) and compare the results...

"Stylesheet loads block script execution, so if you have a <script> after
a <link rel="stylesheet" ...>, the page will not finish parsing - and
DOMContentLoaded will not fire - until the stylesheet is loaded."

from
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Reference/Events/DOMContentLoa
ded

Even on slow connections, the sample html will behave the same.

Mihai Maerean