Re: [css4-pseudo] The need for more powerful pseudo elements

From: Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 14:32:24 -0400
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
I'd like to throw a use case into this discussion.  The attached HTML demo
is the least-bad way I'm aware of to do a table with angled column
headers.  There are several pain points in here (transform: not affecting
the layout box, tables being Special) but the one that's relevant to this
conversation is: for the style to work correctly, you have to write vacuous
divs,

I don't really care *how* CSS enables me to get rid of those vacuous divs,
but I think it definitely *should* be possible to do the styling I want
without them.