RE: [css-multicol] Overflowing floats issue

> Le 30/04/2013 10:54, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> > I don't think we can fulle describe column breaking in the
> > multicol spec -- we'd like for column breaking and page breaking to
> > remain together, and prescribing special rules for columns will not
> > make things easier for implementors.
>
> Yes, that’s the point of the Fragmentation spec:
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-break/

If everybody agrees on this, then let's redirect the paging issue to css-break.

However, this does leave us with the overflow/clip issue of floats. We clearly haven't reached interop on this either and this is certainly in the scope of css-multicol.

I see two possible outcomes:

- Clip like anything in the flow (3 implementations do this)
- Overflow in the following columns, but then we should extend the exclusion zone to the next columns too (no implementation do this, but FireFox is close).