RE: [css-multicol] Overflowing floats issue

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:56:31 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
> > In Gecko we deliberately do what you don't want --- pull content from
> > after the float before the float, when we've moved the float to the next
> > column. If we do it your way, you can end up with a lot of wasted space.
>
> Indeed. To my mind, one of the key points of a "floating" image is that
> it allows this to happen.

Ok, you're probably right. I'm mostly interested in getting this properly defined, not by getting one particular definition.

Anyway, I don't like see the images being divided into pieces, this is certainly not what I would want, and if I don't want this for inline images, I don't want this for floated images either. In the case of a graphic, it may completely make it unreadable.

Best regards,
François