Re: [css-multicol] Overflowing floats issue

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM, François REMY <
francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

> Halas, the rendering I would like to see is to be seen in none of the
> considered browsers (but IE's rendering would satisfy me; the webkit
> rendering is clearly an artifact of their "one flow, multiple clipped
> rendering" implementation). Just for the record, I would prefer the image
> to be sent to the next page and none of text after the img tag to be
> rendered on the first column. The reason I want this is to make sure I can
> draw a logical DOM split between the columns. If the image is sent to the
> next column, I think no text that follows the image should be visible in
> the column.
>
> Any comments?

In Gecko we deliberately do what you don't want --- pull content from after
the float before the float, when we've moved the float to the next column.
If we do it your way, you can end up with a lot of wasted space.

Maybe there's an argument for providing a switch to let authors control
whether this is allowed.

Rob
--
q“qIqfq qyqoquq qlqoqvqeq qtqhqoqsqeq qwqhqoq qlqoqvqeq qyqoquq,q qwqhqaqtq
qcqrqeqdqiqtq qiqsq qtqhqaqtq qtqoq qyqoquq?q qEqvqeqnq qsqiqnqnqeqrqsq