Re: [css-color] Starting CSS Color 4

On Apr 26, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just drafted up a CSS Color 4 draft.  It's only a few changes from level 3:
>>
>> * rgb() and rgba() functions now accept <number> rather than <integer>.
>> * hsl() and hsla() functions now accept <angle> as well as <number> for hues.
>> * All uses of <alpha-value> now accept <percentage> as well as <number>.
>> * 4 and 8-digit hex colors have been added, to specify transparency.
>> * The color-correction property has been pulled in from the
>> unpublished Color Correction proposal.
>>
>> The first three are consistency/usability fixes, the fourth is
>> something I requested a long time ago, and the fifth seems useful and
>> appropriate to include in this module, rather than its own module.
>>
>> Do we think that 'color-correction' is sufficiently mature to go into
>> this level?  Are there any other features that might be appropriate to
>> include (perhaps the other color-* properties from SVG)?
>>
>> Also, can I publish this as FPWD?
>
> Since the WG hasn't yet approved this as a work item, I've removed it
> from the csswg repo, and moved it into my github repo:
> <http://github.com/tabatkins/specs>.
>
> You can see it live at
> <http://rawgithub.com/tabatkins/specs/master/css-color/Overview.html>.
>
> I'll do all of my pre-WG-approval spec work in this repo from now on.

I wonder if you violate the copyright of the W3C. The document is a clear copy of an existing W3C document with modifications. The W3C DOCUMENT LICENSE [1] applies and says:

""
The pre-existing copyright notice of the original author, or if it doesn't exist, a notice (hypertext is preferred, but a textual representation is permitted) of the form: "Copyright © [$date-of-document] World Wide Web Consortium, (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics, Keio University). All Rights Reserved. http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231"
""

You replaced the copyright notice by the Open Web Foundation Agreement Version 1.0 license which seems just applicable for new specs without any previous copyright of the W3C.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-documents-20021231