Re: [CSS21][css-page] Fixed positioning on content-empty pages?

Simon Sapin wrote:

 > > §9.6.1 of CSS 2.1 says:
 > >> For paged media, boxes with fixed positions are repeated on every page.
 > >
 > > Is this really *every* page, including content-empty pages generated by
 > > forced page breaks? If so, does the :blank page selector still match?

I can go either way on this one. The strictest interpretation would be
to, indeed, show fixed boxes on every page and not have :blank match
blank pages resulting from forced page breaks.

Another reasonable clarification would be to say the fixed are shown
on all pages, except those that are left empty by forced page breaks.

In printed publications I don't find fixed very useful as there is no
no way to control which pages it would appear on.

 > Bonus question: does content in page-margin boxes makes a page not
 > "content-empty"? This affects the :blank selector.
 >
 > I think it should not. Otherwise, the result of whether :blank matches a
 > given page would depend on itself:
 >
 > @page :blank { @top-center { content: "Not blank." }

Right, so we are saying that content in the margin boxes does not
effect whether :blank matches or not? I agree with that.

-h&kon