Re: [css3-grid-layout] Should flexible lengths 'fr' be parsed as a <dimension>?

From: Julien Chaffraix <jchaffraix@google.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:47:10 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
>> I was looking at adding parsing for 'fr' and the current specification
>> is silent on what we should accept as a valid. Reading a bit, I think
>> it would make sense to consider them to be a <dimension> [1] - which
>> would match what 'flex' does - thus limiting the parsing to a
>> <number>.
>
> Yes, of course it's a dimension.  I'd be happy to add some additional
> text to make it clearer, but I'm not sure what's unclear so far.  Can
> you elaborate on what part of the current text confused you?

Ah, I found out where <flex> is defined as a dimension which is under
"5.1. Track Sizing". I was looking at "5.1.3: Flexible Lengths" which
doesn't define the parsing.

Having all the text under a single section (e.g. "5.1.3: Flexible
Lengths" ), instead of having it split across sections, would help
avoid such confusion.

Thanks,
Julien