Re: [css3-text-overflow] Question regarding float and text-overflow: ellipsis

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:59:58 +0200
To: "Zalan Bujtas" <zbujtas@gmail.com>, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:54:39 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> I think this is unspecified.
>
> I think it wouldn't be hard for us (Mozilla) to change our rendering to
> exclude floats when we decide where to draw the ellipsis, and that sounds
> reasonable. File a bugzilla bug.

The spec says:

"This property specifies rendering when inline content overflows its block
container element […]"

If floats are to be excluded then this part should be changed. Maybe it
would talk about overflowing line boxes instead, I don't know.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Opera Software ASA