Re: [css3-regions] flow-into: <ident> content-only

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 12:15:21 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

Based on this thread and some offline discussion, I've been convinced that
a parameter on our existing property is better than adding a new property.
So I have added optional element|content keywords to flow-into. You can
now choose to place an element's contents into a named flow using:

  flow-into: foo content;

Or place the element into the named flow using:

  flow-into: foo element;
or
  flow-into: foo;

(If neither keyword is present, then the element will be placed into the
named flow)

I chose element as the default because it works well for all cases, and
placing just the content has some odd edge cases (images, video, etc.). So
I think it's better that you have to make a little extra effort to choose
the contents path.

Thanks,

Alan