RE: [css-regions][shadowdom] @region rule and ::distributed() pseudo-element

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:39:10 +0200
To: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>, "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
> (You may have misread my "first compound selector" as referring to the
> leftmost. I meant the rightmost, since I was referring to rtl
> selector execution order.)

I think I got it: you mean "#region .. input" would match things that are not matched by "input" only, something that is'nt true for any other selector. That kinda make sense if you consider selectors RTL but, seriously, this is an implementor point of view, not a user one.

Using a pseudo-element also breaks some assumptions:
- pseudo-elements have always been virtual elements, not other real DOM elements of the document (hence "pseudo")
- pseudo-elements have always been matching exactly one virtual element, not many