RE: [css-multicol] Border-Collapse

Here's one page where you can see the behavior. You may have to adjust your font size screen resolution, or some other parameters, but when the lyrics in the center box are showing one paragraph per column, notice that the space at the of the lyrics is larger than that at the bottom.

In this particular example, the "space" is caused by padding of the closing box, but I hope you get the idea.

The Cyber Hymnal™       <><
http://www.hymntime.com/tch