Re: [selectors4] Open issues

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 15:26:06 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
CC: w3c-css-wg <w3c-css-wg@w3.org>
On 04/08/2013 04:22 PM, fantasai wrote:
> There's a good handful of open issues on Selectors 4 that need WG
> discussion to resolve.

Tab and I just finished checking in the changes for these issues,
as resolved in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Apr/0246.html

We would like to request WD publication for next week.

> ISSUE-223: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/223
>    Should Selectors adopt MQ-style invalidation (per comma-separated group)?

Closed issue no change.

> ISSUE-316: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/316
>    Should ID selectors accept all HASH tokens instead of #ident only?

Added issue to spec until we resolve this:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#id-selectors

> ISSUE-317: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/317
>    Allow child-index pseudos to select unparented elements

Updated prose and cleaned up indexed-selector section:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#anb

> ISSUE-318: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/318
>    Make specificity of :matches() / :not() depend on what was matched

Done:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#specificity
See also rationale wrt specificity of :not()
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Apr/0406.html

> ISSUE-319: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/319
>    Need usable selector for empty elements

Added :blank for now:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#the-blank-pseudo

> ISSUE-320: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/320
>    Profile :matches() / :not() for fast vs. complete implementation

Updated requirements per telecon request:
   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/selectors4/#profiles

~fantasai and TJ