Re: [css-align][css-writing-modes][naming] Another suggestion for block-axis logical names

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:46:10 -0600
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> Tab, is there a list of properties that use before/after?

Tab will presumably answer for CSS, but elsewhere, XSL-FO uses before/after
with the display-align property. This property (and some of its values,
including before/after) was also adopted by TTML as the displayAlign
property.

In addition, XSL-FO uses before/after in the names of certain properties
with the same sense:

   - border-{before,after}-*
   - padding-{before-after}
   - space-{before,after}

XSL-FO also uses before/after in this sense in certain element names:

   - region-{before,after}

I would also note the following usage of before/after in a different sense:

   - break-{before,after}
   - cue-{before,after} # from CSS2
   - page-break-{before,after} # from CSS2
   - pause-{before,after} # from CSS2